How to Troubleshoot your Camera and Microphone not being detected
If you run into this error, it is likely due to a Chrome permission issue. Follow the below steps to try and resolve the issue.
- While you are still on the page with the error showing, click on the small padlock icon directly to the left of the web address and verify if the options for Camera and Microphone are set to Allow.
- If the options show Ask or Block such as in the screenshot above, change to Allow and then Refresh the page.
- If the options for Camera and Microphone are missing, such as if it only says Sound, click on the Site Settings button at the very bottom of the menu.
- This will open up a new tab with the full options for site permissions, and it should show www.commercialtribe.net at the top.
- Change the options for Camera and Microphone manually to Allow and then close this tab and navigate back to CommercialTribe Readiness.
- Refresh the page to allow for the new settings to load.
- The camera and microphone should now be recognized. If the microphone is still showing not detected or seems to flash between detected and not, please try speaking toward the microphone.
- If speaking toward the microphone allows it to be detected, continue speaking so that the Save and Continue button replaces the button that just says Continue and then select Save and Continue so that the recorder loads.
- You will now be ready to record.
If you are still having trouble getting your devices to detect it may be due to device or hardware issues, please contact email@example.com or reach out via the chat in the bottom right-hand corner for more support.